What support can I expect
Our installation and support team are all qualified medical technologists with ten or more years experience working in and supporting computer systems in medical laboratories. This team works closely with our software developers to ensure that issues are resolved promptly and effectively.
World class implementation, training and support services has been the key to our success over three decades.
We offer full on-site project management and implementation services. Our experiences range from implementing small laboratories in remote areas to installing large labs which proces thousands of specimens daily.
We offer onsite training for groups of up to ten persons per course.
- DisaLab Super-users and managers (5 days): This course is aimed at laboratory experts who normally form the core work-group during a new installation. Course content covers all dictionary (master table) setups allowing DisaLab to be fully customised to the laboratory's needs. The course looks at workflow automation rules, creating user defined documents, configuring and interfacing analysers, and producing management reports.
- System administrator (5 days): This course is aimed at lab persons with good IT skills and/or the organisation's IT department. The course deals with practical requirements for managing DisaLab on an ongoing basis.
- DisaLab users(1 day): This course deals with aspects of results desk, specimen reception, specimen testing, result authorisation and system tools. It is aimed at general users.
- DisaBar users and managers(5 days): This course is intended for staff in the laboratory accounts department. It deals with all aspects of configuration, use and management for laboratory billing.
- DisaStock users and managers (5 days): This course is intended for staff in the laboratory store and staff who manage the in-laboratory stock.
Note: clients of our pre-configured DisaLab version can implement their systems entirely on their own with minimal remote assistance, provided they have the necessary computer expertise.
We maintain an online helpdesk for customers to log and monitor the progress of all their support issues. The "knowledge base" has articles explaining how to setup and install various equipment and software. Included are articles on setting up new analysers, report/barcode printers, database software, SMS, e-mail, Spell checkers and many more.
Software Enhancements and New Developments
As part of our software license and maintenance agreement, all customers get regular software updates. These include enhancements and changes to meet statutory and IS0 17025 requirements. We maintain compatibility with the latest versions of operating systems and database software. We also provide software enhancements to keep abreast of best laboratory practice and emerging technologies in laboratory and IT. For example, we've recently added new ways of delivering electronic lab results via network attached printers, or directly to practice management systems.